Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I forgot to mention

On Thursday, June 4, I attended a rain water harvesting lecture put on by the Angelina County Master Gardeners. Billy Kniffen, an extension agent from Menard, TX came and talked about rain water harvesting. Mr. Kniffen lives in West Texas, an area of the state that receives about half the rainfall we get, and the sole source of water at his house is rain water. The lecture was very interesting, and I learned a lot more about harvesting water, slowing down runoff, and raingardens. Now I really, really want to get some gutters installed so I can start harvesting. I don't think I'll live 100% on rainwater, but I would at least like to collect enough to water my garden and lawn.

Some of the info presented in the lecture can be found on this website http://rainwaterharvesting.tamu.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment