Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Something got in the garden - either last night or today and dug in one of my boxes with the electric fence on!!! Thankfully it didn't dig up any of my newly rehomed veggies, but I'm really steamed that we spent all that time trying to keep them at bay and they still got in. I don't know how it got in. Our wire is only about 2 inches off the ground with about 1.5 inches between the first and second string. I'm gonna give it another day and check for unwanted activity in the a.m. before I leave for work and tomorrow when I get home. If the dirt's disturbed in the morning it's gotta be an armadillo, coon (do they dig???), or possum. If it's disturbed tomorrow evening it's probably a squirrel. I guess tomorrow if we still see sign we'll run another string or two of wire, and maybe rearrange the current strands to put them closer together. If that doesn't work - Hello, cow/horse hot wire charger with a constant stream of electricity coursing through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment