Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Plants in the ground

But I'm not looking like a fool with my plants in the ground...

I was able to get by the nursery yesterday at lunch and pick up some crookneck squash, zuchinni, and eggplant. Sadly there were no Fooled You jalapeno plants there yesterday. They're supposed to get another truck in Thursday so I'll check back then.

After work hubby and I got started on the electric fence. He had already weed whacked the grass growing around the garden area and put some diesel down to prevent stuff from growing up and grounding out our fence, so we put the clips on the t-posts and we started running the wire. Once that was done Charlie hooked up the box, plugged it in, and to both of our surprise - it worked! yeehaw!!

After we got that done he started picking up his tools, and I got started planting. I got all the plants in the ground, but by the time I was done it was too dark to take pictures, so I snapped a few this a.m. on my phone camera. Will have to drag out the Canon this evening.

The new garden layout with new electric fence - bring it on my four legged foes!

Closer shot of the tomato plants

No comments:

Post a Comment