Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It won't be long now

As I was checking on my pepper plants in the entertainment center this morning, I noticed that another tomato had sprouted out of the vermiculite. I honestly didn't know I put 6 tomato seeds in that container, but I guess I did. That or we have our very own immaculate conception...

After my discovery I had to go out to the garden and get some more soil to put my new sprout in. As I came back from retrieving the Mel's Mix from an empty square I glanced at my tomato plants. To my shock again I noticed a little bitty baby Cherokee Purple. I got so excited about that discovery, that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I got tangled up in the electric fence. I almost busted it, and that would not have been pretty! But at least the ground is soft because of the rain.

As I mentioned earlier this week 2 of my jalapeno seeds have sprouted. They are in different 4-packs, so I snipped those cells loose from the other ones and placed them in the sunny windowsill where I have my sprouted tomato seeds. So far all my little sprouts are looking pretty good. I think this is the best I've done with seeds I started myself. When I checked the jalapeno seeds last night I noticed one more little sprout is just pushing up through the soil. I'll give it a couple days to get a little taller then place it in the window too.

So far no more okra plants, so I will probably reseed them tomorrow.

Please excuse the blurriness of the following pictures. The batteries in my real camera died, so I had to resort to using the camera on my phone.

Black Cherry Tomato seedlings

Fooled You jalapeno seedling

Early Girl baby tomato

Cherokee Purple baby tomato - looks like it's split. hmmm

Lots o' soon to be squash blossoms





No comments:

Post a Comment