Friday, May 21, 2010

Two more and yet two more

Got up this a.m. to a couple of more pepper plants sprouted. Now one four-pack has completely sprouted, but I'm still waiting on 3 cells of the other 4-pack. Not sure what the deal is with that...

I also discovered that there were TWO more tomato sprouts awaiting me in the vermiculite. I seriously don't remember putting 8 seeds in there. But maybe I did. I know I had a pretty low germination rate the last time I tried to start tomato seeds, so I must've overcompensated a wee bit. Especially considering I only have ONE spot left in the garden for another tomato plant. So I'm faced with a dilemma. Give the extras away to folks who don't mind having to wait til July to get any cherry tomatoes or have Charlie build me another box for the extra tomato plants. The problem with option two is that there's not really any extra room inside the fence. I guess I'll have to go with option one.


My little sprouts

2 comments:

  1. I give my extras to my neighbors...or find a spot in the flower garden to squeeze them in! He he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea, Shawn Ann! I do have a couple of empty spots in the flower bed in front of the house. I've been trying to decide what I want to sentence to die a slow, dry death there because I always forget to water the flowers. I think some tomato plants would fit in there nicely. I wouldn't have to walk as far to pick cherry tomatoes, and chances are I'd probably water that bed a lot more often. Win! Win!

    ReplyDelete