Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We survived, sorta

Just went to check all my little plants, and they all look pretty good with the exception of one plant - the Fooled You Jalapeno. I forgot to cover it last night. yikes!! As I was rousing from my nightly slumber this morning it hit me like a ton of bricks that I didn't cover it up. It is in the same box as my cold hardy plants - lettuce, broccoli, and carrots, so I didn't cover that box up. I did put a cover on my little okra plants that are in that box, but I was going to make a second trip out with a large pitcher to put over the jalepeno. I got busy covering up my tomato plants (which look very perky this a.m.) and other boxes, and when I perused my garden afterwards I failed to notice my little naked pepper plant. I tried pouring some warm water on the plant this a.m. to defrost it, but I think it looked even more miserable after that... sigh.... Guess I'll be making another trip back to the nursery this week.

1 comment:

  1. I surfed over from the SFG forum on Garden Web....love your blog so far! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete